The Sisters of Providence Health System, a member of Catholic Health East, is a community of persons committed to being a transforming, healing presence within the communities that we serve.
We believe in the sacredness of human life, in the innate dignity of each person and that it is in relationship with one another that all persons realize their fullest potential. In our service, we are sustained by an unwavering trust in God's Providence.
To effect this mission
- We treat all persons whom we serve and with whom we work with respect and compassion, calling forth their best human potential.
- We collaborate with others to provide services that support healthy communities, including quality care and holistic approaches to healing body, mind and spirit.
- We identify and develop leaders in Catholic health ministry.
- We continually seek ways to assure access to services to persons most in need.
- We advocate public policies and initiatives, particularly those in the area of health care, that ensure quality of life for all.
Reverence for each person
We believe that each person is a manifestation of the sacredness of human life.
We demonstrate our connectedness to each other through inclusive and compassionate relationships.
We advocate for a society in which all can realize their full potential and achieve the common good.
Commitment to those who are poor
We give priority to those whom society ignores.
We care for and strengthen the ministry and all resources entrusted to us.
We dare to take the risks our faith demands of us.
We keep our word and are faithful to whom we say we are.