|GE’s LightSpeed CT imaging system sets new standards in diagnostic imaging. Its advanced multi-slice technology delivers thinner slices, swifter scanning, unprecedented image quality and new applications such as CT angiography, bronchoscopy and 3D imaging.
This offers you broad clinical flexibility, increased anatomic coverage, greater diagnostic confidence and better care for your patients.
Benefits for medical professionals:
- Faster scanning means clearer, sharper images with fewer artifacts caused by patient movement. CT of the chest, abdomen and pelvis now take less than 30 seconds, with thinner slices, compared to three minutes using older technology
- Full suite of applications to assist in examination of the head, abdomen, spine and chest including the ability to significantly reduce metallic artifacts from fixation hardware and vascular stents
- Diagnostic angiography with simple intravenous injections
- 3D imaging can help determine the relationship of pathology to anatomic organs allowing for more accurate diagnosis and to aid in surgical planning
- Pediatric scan protocols, based on the Braselow-Luten pediatric system, minimizes radiation dosage for pediatric studies