|Home > SPHS Programs & Services > Mercy Continuing Care Network > Farren Care Center
|Farren Care Center
340 Montague City Road, Turners Falls, MA 01376
|Farren Care Center provides compassionate care for the total needs of the individual -- physical, emotional, social and spiritual. Since 1990, Farren Care Center has welcomed residents with both medical and psychiatric illnesses or behavioral disorders. We combine skilled nursing and long-term rehabilitative services with expert mental health care, enabling residents to thrive in the least restrictive environment possible. The center is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations for long-term care and special care.
About our center
Each of our four floors houses a specialized program of care in an environment designed to enhance the quality of life for our residents. Every floor offers modern, comfortable resident rooms, along with dining rooms, lounges and activity spaces. Residents can take advantage of the center’s recreational areas and a large, secure outdoor area. A gift shop, hair salon and cafeteria are also on site.
Residents at Farren Care Center participate in one of four specialized programs:
- The Community Re-Entry Program is designed for residents who benefit from significant community contact. The program helps develop their daily living skills, such as shopping and eating out. Social skills for interacting with others are emphasized to foster independence. Whenever possible, residents are discharged to group homes or less restricted continuum-of-care settings.
- The Medical Intervention-Dementia Program focuses on non-ambulatory, cognitively impaired residents who require extensive assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and specialized services for complex medical conditions. Comprehensive medical assessments and treatment services are provided in a supportive, therapeutic environment.
- The Comprehensive Care Program serves residents with complex behavioral problems who require extensive assistance with ADLs. The program provides various therapeutic services in a safe environment to promote the highest level of function and quality of life.
- The Therapeutic Behavior Program is a secure unit serving the most behaviorally challenged residents. A high staff-to-resident ratio allows for close monitoring and intensive behavioral treatment plans.
|A team approach to care
Residents benefit from our multidisciplinary treatment team, which includes psychiatric, psychological, behavioral, nursing, social services and pastoral care professionals. Team members meet weekly to review each resident’s progress and adapt his or her care plan to meet changing needs. Available services include:
Residents’ stays will vary from several weeks or months to several years. Placement in more independent settings is sought whenever possible. Farren Care Center accepts private payment, insurance, Medicare and Medicaid, and welcomes residents of all religious affiliations.
- Medical and skilled nursing care
- Psychiatric care
- Psychological evaluation
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Specialized restorative services
- Behavior management
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- IV therapy
- Social services
- Pastoral care
We invite you to visit, meet our staff, learn more about our specialized services and take a personal tour.
|A Gift of Light to Benefit Farren Care Center RESIDENTS' FUND
Family and friends throughout the Northern Hemisphere will soon gather to celebrate the “season of giving.” Burning candles, exchanging gifts, singing traditional songs, illuminating the night with lights are customs we observe to chase away the darkness of winter. Each small flame, each light, each act of kindness, makes the days a little warmer, the nights a little brighter. Also at this time of year, friends of Farren Care Center have remembered loved ones, living or deceased, through the Gift of Light program.
Mental illness casts a dark shadow over the lives of those touched by it. For over a decade, the Franklin County community has been the home of Farren Care Center – a home for individuals, mostly seniors, from across the state with severe physical and mental challenges. Farren residents require skilled, specialized, nursing care – only available in a limited number of communities across the entire country.
“Light a light” to honor the memory of a friend or family member, commemorate a special occasion or to give thanks. A light in the Gift of Light display is available for $5 each. In addition, an ornament bearing the honorees name will be placed on the indoor holiday tree. All proceeds from this event will directly benefit the Farren residents by making possible the purchase of program equipment and supplies that enable residents to develop and improve their physical and social skills. A holiday gift (in some instances, the only gift the resident receives) is purchased with funds generated through this program, as well. Please return the enclosed form.
We hope we can count on your support of the Gift of Light program this holiday season. Together we can bring more light to the lives of those afflicted with mental illness.
|Farren Fact Sheet.pdf|
|For more information please feel free to contact us.||