Our maternity facility meets the needs of today’s families by combining comfort with modern medical care. Our caring staff provides high-quality, personalized care in a beautiful, homelike environment.
The Family Life Center is a freestanding state-of-the-art obstetrical unit. The facility offers women the convenience and privacy of a birthing center, with the security of a hospital-based facility. With its own private entrance, the Family Life Center is specifically designed for the comfort and convenience of expectant mothers and their families.
The Center’s 14 LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery, postpartum) rooms are beautifully appointed with comfortable birthing beds, upholstered recliners and large windows. Each room has its own telephone, TV and private bathroom, complete with shower. All equipment needed for the birth is nearby, yet kept out of sight.
The Family Life Center offers a wide array of comprehensive programs and services to help families prepare for childbirth, including:
- Teresa Mitchell, MD, a board-certified pediatrician with over 15 years of experience, who leads a team of pediatricians that are available 24 hours a day to answer questions and assist new parents along with our highly skilled nursing staff
- J. Patrick O'Grady, MD, a Perinatologist with over 25 years of clinical experience providing consultations and performing obstetric and gynecological ultrasound scans on-site
- 14 LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery, postpartum) private rooms
- Operating Suites for Cesarean Deliveries
- Board Certified Obstetricians and Midwifery deliveries
- Translators who can interpret various languages including Spanish, Russian and Vietnamese
- Private rooms that include a bathroom, TV, rocking chair and partner chair/bed are available for all new mothers including those who have had a cesarean
- Private entrance, lobby, courtyard, lounges and kitchenette for new mothers
- Special celebration meal, and personalized baby book
- Accepts all major insurance plans
- Postnatal Home Visit Program
We are here to make your birthing experience a very special time. Our Parenting Education Department offers a wide variety of programs for expectant and new parents including:
- Childbirth Education Classes
- Big Brother/Big Sister Class
- Expectant and New Mothers Fitness Classes
- Pregnant and Parenting Teen Programs
- The Breastfeeding Center - Free Lactation Consultations and Information Line, Purchase and Rental of Breast Pumps, and Breastfeeding Accessories
- Baby Café- free drop-in center for breastfeeding questions and problems.
- Breastfeeding Classes
- Baby Boot Camp
- Family Life Center Tours - To arrange a tour, call (413) 748-7295.
Family Life Center for Maternity Tours
The Family Life Center for Maternity, located on the Mercy Medical Center campus, is designed specifically for the comfort and convenience of expectant mothers and their families. Our experienced health care professionals provide high-quality care in a beautiful homelike environment. For more information about the Family Life Center or to arrange a tour, call 413-748-7295. Please note: A tour is provided as part of all childbirth classes.
Now in the USA and the first in Western Mass A free drop-in center offering breastfeeding support for pregnant and breastfeeding mother in the community , professionally trained Lactation support in a relaxed and fun Café style atmosphere, enjoy refreshments and meet other mothers.
Electric Breast Pumps for Sale (personal use only)
- Medela Pump In Style Advance
- Medela Swing
Electric Breast Pumps for Rental
- Hospital grade Medela Symphony breast pumps for monthly rental fee.
- Certified Medela Bra fitting service.
- Medela bras and Bravado nursing bras available for purchase.
- Medela bra pads (washable and disposable), Medela Quick Clean bags, breastmilk storage bags available for purchase.
Cash, check and most major credit cards accepted. For pricing call 413-748-7295 or log on to mercycares.com (Family Life Center). All prices are subject to change. Delivery is available.
We are here to make your birthing experience a very special time. Our Parenting Education Department offers a wide variety of childbirth, breastfeeding and parenting classes.
For more information about the Family Life Center for Maternity or to schedule a tour, please call 413-748-7295.
Click here for more information on Mercy Care--Forest Park.
Click here for more information on Providence Prenatal Center of Holyoke.