|Home > SPHS Programs & Services > Mercy Medical Center > Family Life Center for Maternity
|Family Life Center for Maternity
271 Carew Street, Springfield, MA 01104
|Our maternity facility meets the needs of today’s families by combining comfort with modern medical care. Our caring staff provides high-quality, personalized care in a beautiful, homelike environment.
The Family Life Center is a freestanding state-of-the-art obstetrical unit. The facility offers women the convenience and privacy of a birthing center, with the security of a hospital-based facility. With its own private entrance, the Family Life Center is specifically designed for the comfort and convenience of expectant mothers and their families.
The Center’s 14 LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery, postpartum) rooms are beautifully appointed with comfortable birthing beds, upholstered recliners and large windows. Each room has its own telephone, TV, VCR and private bathroom, complete with shower. All equipment needed for the birth is nearby, yet kept out of sight.
The Family Life Center offers a wide array of comprehensive programs and services to help families prepare for childbirth, including:
- Teresa Mitchell, MD, a board-certified pediatrician with over 15 years of experience, who leads a team of pediatricians that are available 24 hours a day to answer questions and assist new parents along with our highly skilled nursing staff
- J. Patrick O'Grady, MD, a perinatologist with over 25 years of clinical experience providing consultations and performing obstetric and gynecological ultrasound scans on-site
- 14 LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery, postpartum) private rooms
- Midwifery deliveries
- Translators who can interpret various languages including Spanish, Russian and Vietnamese
- Private rooms that include a bathroom, TV/VCR, rocking chair and partner chair/bed are available for all new mothers including those who have had a cesarean
- Private entrance, lobby, courtyard, lounges and kitchenette for new mothers
- Special celebration meal, gift bag and personalized baby book
- Accepts all major insurance plans
- Postnatal Home Visit Program
- Childbirth Education Programs
- Hypnobirthing Class
- Expectant Mother's Breastfeeding Class
- The Breastfeeding Center - Free Lactation Consultations and Information Line, Purchase and Rental of Breast Pumps, Babies and Breastfeeding Support Group
- Prenatal and Postnatal Exercise Classes
- Infant CPR
- Sibling Class
- Infant Massage Class
- New Mothers’ and Baby Group
- Boot Camp for New Dads
We are here to make your birthing experience a very special time. Our Parenting Education Department offers a wide variety of childbirth, breastfeeding and parenting classes.
For more information about the Family Life Center for Maternity or to schedule a tour, please call 413-748-7295.
Click here for more information on Mercy Care--Forest Park.
Click here for more information on Providence Prenatal Center of Holyoke.
|Video of Family Life Center
To view this video clip you will need Windows Media Player.
Download Windows Media Player.
View the Family Life Center for Maternity video.
|For more information please feel free to contact us.||