Click here to download iTriage, a health app for your smartphone.
The Emergency Department (ED) at Mercy Medical Center is staffed by doctors trained and experienced in Emergency Medicine and is designed to treat patients as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our goal is to provide quality care to patients in a prompt and compassionate manner.
Our Emergency Department is capable of treating all types of injuries and illnesses. Our highly skilled clinical team utilizes the very best in medical technology, in a state-of-the-art facility.
We hope you never need to visit an emergency room, but if you do, we want you to have the best ER experience possible at Mercy.
- Nurse First - Mercy Medical Center's leading-edge innovation, a "Nurse First" station staffed by an experienced registered nurse who clinically assesses all walk-in patients to expedite triage, rather than the "clerk first" system used at other ER's.
- "FastTracking" - Non-emergent patients are able to have medical issues resolved quickly in the dedicated FastTrack area, so that patients with serious or life-threatening conditions can receive immediate and prioritized treatment.
- Bedside Registration - New design allows patients to be registered during triage or at the bedside.
- Behavioral Health Unit - A separate, private and secure, 4-bed short-term stay unit meets the needs of community members with psychological problems.
- Board-Certified Physicians - Full range of clinical services delivered by board-certified physicians rather than residents or medical students.
Experienced Medical Professionals with High-Tech Tools
Every ED patient receives personal medical attention from a Board-Certified Physician or an Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant. Mercy's ED employs 10 full-time physicians, all of whom are Board-Certified in Emergency Medicine.
As their medical conditions indicate, ED patients have immediate access to:
- Neurosurgical Services - Neurosurgeons are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, if there's a patient who has a neurosurgery emergency such as a stroke or spine injury.
- Designated Stroke Center - Mercy offers comprehensive stroke care including rapid patient assessment and treatment and expert inpatient care and rehabilitation.
- Orthopedics - Comprehensive care in all areas of orthopedics including joint replacement and sports injuries. Our services include leading diagnostic imaging and fully accredited physical therapy.
- Cardiovascular - Cardiac care includes sophisticated state-of-the-art diagnostics, world-class surgery, and inpatient and outpatient cardiac rehabilitation.
- Surgical Services - Board-certified general and specialty surgeons if an emergency operation is needed.
- Advanced Diagnostic Testing - The latest technology including MRI, LightSpeed Computed Tomography (CT), Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and nuclear imaging.
- Mercy Inpatient Medicine Services - Round-the-clock, on-site care provided by board-certified specialists for patients who are admitted to the hospital.
- The Mary E. Davis ICU and Intermediate Care Unit - Care provided by full-time, board-certified intensivists and experienced nurses for intensive and critical care patients in the region's most advanced facilities of their type.
- On-site Laboratory and Pathology Services - On-site experts for quick turnaround of necessary medical tests.
MercyRx - The Community Pharmacy at Mercy Medical Center
If you are given a prescription or advised to use an over-the-counter medication, these and other care items can be conveniently obtained at our pharmacy. MercyRx is located in the main lobby of Mercy Medical Center.