Day Rehabilitation is a unique outpatient program serving clients with acquired brain injury, neurological disorders and complex medical conditions. Our focus is to restore or increase an individual's independence in the home, community and workplace.
An interdisciplinary team of clinicians provides physical, occupational, speech therapies along with psychological, case management and vocational services. Treatment is provided in familiar community environments such as stores, restaurants, schools and offices as well as traditional clinical settings.
What makes our program unique
- Structured educational programs.
- Two to three hours of individual therapy within half/full-day individualized schedule.
- Regular individual, family and weekly team meetings.
- Case management services.
- Address return to driving.
- Target community re-entry.
- Offer peer visitation and have access to support groups.
- Individual referrals to appropriate services.
- Family counseling.
- Coordination of vocational services.
- Lunch is provided if treatment falls during the designated time.
- Ancillary service coordination.
- Services available from one to five days per week.
- Highly qualified, friendly staff.
- Necessity for two or more therapies.
- Ability to tolerate half-day sessions minimally
- Medical stability
- Potential to achieve a higher level of function within an established time frame
- Ability to tolerate daily transportation
- Physician referral
We are proud to offer a comprehensive array of therapies designed to improve the “whole individual.”
Our services include:
Assists individuals in achieving the highest level of independence regarding their functional mobility in the home and/or community settings.
Addresses skills to increase an individual’s level of safety and independence within the home, community and work environment. Individuals become more independent with activities such as self-care, home management, meal preparation, managing a schedule and finances. Activities are incorporated to improve visual and perceptual performance as well as upper body, hand and arm function.
Focuses on improving an individual’s communication skills used every day at home, work or school. Improving swallowing is also part of the Speech Therapy role. Areas addressed may include the ability to speak, understand, read, write, or problem solve.
Social Work/Case Management
Coordinates rehabilitation services with the treatment team and third party payers, assuring the implementation of a comprehensive treatment plan. Social workers assist each individual and their family, providing education, advocacy and information on community resources and obtaining appropriate follow-up service post-discharge.
Consultant NeuroPsychological Services
Addresses an individual’s emotional and behavioral needs and ability to adapt to changes in their lives brought on by illness.
Return to Work Assistance
Team collaborates and works with the patient’s employer and/or Mass Rehab on return to work goals if applicable.
Our intensive short-term rehabilitation program is ideal for individuals who are discharged from acute care hospital or inpatient rehab, but not yet ready to return safely to their previous level of activity.